This site is owned and operated by Kaivac, Inc. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At Kaivac, we want to make your online experience satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Information Kaivac Gathers and Tracks
Kaivac gathers two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to participate in our message boards or forums, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys:
- Information Kaivac gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers' needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Because Kaivac derives its revenue mainly from sponsorships and advertising, providing such aggregated demographic data is essential to keeping our service free to users. Under no circumstances does Kaivac divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
Kaivac Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
1. Electronic newsletters policy
We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Kaivac gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
2. "E-mail this to a friend" policy
Our site users can choose to electronically forward our newsletter to someone else by clicking "send this to a friend". The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. Kaivac may use a system to "tag" users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
Kaivac may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
Kaivac tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. Kaivac does break down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's browser).
Kaivac sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
When you use our site, we may collect tracking information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and pages visited on the site. None of this information identifies you personally; we collect it for aggregate reporting on site activity. For example, we may want to know how long the average user spends on our site, or which pages or features get the most attention. We use this information to make the site more useful to you.
We use "cookies" to store and sometimes to track user information. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us e-mail addresses or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering or subscribing to our site or services. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie contains a unique number that allows our site to recognize your computer. For example, cookies allow us to keep track of your user name and password (if you are a customer or distributor) so you don't have to re-enter that information each time you visit our site.
The help function on most browsers contains information on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies or to disable cookies entirely. However, if you don't accept cookies, you won't be able to take advantage of various features on our site that are available to other visitors.
Use of Information
Kaivac uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls and surveys. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. Kaivac never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties.
We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don't track which terms a particular user enters.
Sharing of Information
Kaivac uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help better understand our audience's demographics. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Kaivac operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
- the payment of a fee $25 USD; and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a notary plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Retaining personal information
- This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Without prejudice to article G-2, we will usually delete personal data falling within the categories set out below at the date/time set out below:
- Basic login & account information will be deleted within 24 hours Monday - Friday, EST; and
- Full customer information, transaction and correspondece history will be deleted within 5 working days Monday - Friday, EST.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section G, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Accessing, Correcting or Deleting personal information
You may instruct us to correct, delete, or receive a copy of the personal information we have stored (if applicable) by submitting a request at (contact form for requests).