Many commercial kitchens use a 6-inch-by-6-inch brick-colored tile. It is hardy against spills and constant traffic, and the tile is meant to be easy to keep clean. But just because it looks clean doesn’t mean it is clean. The truth is in the dark grout between the tiles. Effective grout cleaning makes your once white grout lines clean again.
Years of ineffective mopping and other grout cleaning techniques leave grout discolored and stained. Grout is a porous substance, like concrete, and if it’s not cleaned correctly, substances will build up in the cracks between the tiles, staining the grout and creating a breeding ground for bacteria that can cause food borne illness.
Traditional mopping does nothing but spread soil and bacteria around in a more even layer. And the way you clean your grout at home, getting down on your hands and knees with a scrub brush, just isn’t practical in a large and potentially dangerous space such as a restaurant kitchen. Even scrub brushes on handles leave most of the soil and bacteria behind. The best way to ensure that your kitchen floor grout is clean and sanitary is by using a Kaivac Dispense-and-Vac tile floor cleaning machine.
Grout Cleaning: How It Works
- Mix a cleaning solution and put it into the bucket.
- Open the spigot on the back of the system to dispense cleaning solution onto the dirty floors as you walk.
- Scrub the grout in the entire cleaning area with stiff-bristled brush at the end of the vacuum wand.
- Let the cleaning solution soak into the material for a minute or two.
- Vacuum up the wet area after the soil and grease have been loosened by the cleaning solution, removing all cleaning solution along with the dirt, grease, and bacteria.
Your kitchen floor will be clean, sanitary, and dry enough to walk on safely.
Advantages to Tile and Grout Cleaning Machines
The Dispense-and-Vac system is better for effective grout cleaning in your commercial kitchen for a number of reasons:
- The system is simple to operate.
- The Dispense-and-Vac system is long-lasting and made of grease-resistant materials.
- Employees can complete floor-cleaning duties faster than with traditional methods.
- Safer because floors are dry immediately after cleaning.
- Grout is cleaner and no longer a source for bacteria to breed in.
Keeping your restaurant’s kitchen floor clean doesn’t have to be a constant battle. A Kaivac Univac Cleaning System is a simple and effective alternative to make sure your kitchen is safe for your workers and customers.