Tips for Effective Restaurant Cleaning
It's one of the biggest challenges in the business: achieving effective restaurant cleaning. Keeping a restaurant clean is a never-ending battle, but if you do it right, you'll keep your establishment sparkling, your floors accident free, and your customers impressed.
Naturally, the kitchen and food prep areas generate a never-ending cleanup challenge, as cooking oils and byproducts land on the kitchen floor and are tracked into the dining room and other areas of the restaurant.
Here are some of the things you can do to ensure effective restaurant cleaning:
- Avoid the mop: One of the biggest mistakes restaurant owners make is relying on a mop to get their floors clean. Mops ultimately spread contaminants around, lead to slips and falls, and are a time consuming cleaning method. And when they don't get the job done, customers will be turned off. In fact, a Harris Poll revealed that a whopping 68 percent of those surveyed wouldn't go back to a restaurant if its floors were dirty. Mops have a notorious reputation for spreading the dirt and grime all around. It's an even bigger issue if you have tile floors: Grout lines attract grease and grime.
- Focus on removing: Use soil-removal technology, which has been proven to be more effective at reducing bacteria than mops—60 times more effective. You'll always be able to count on having fresh solution and clean rinse water.
- Get rid of the grease and slick surfaces: Ineffective cleaning leads to falls and injuries. The National Floor Safety Institute says some 55 percent of accidents in which someone slips and falls are caused by the floor surface itself. This leads to potential injuries, possible lawsuits, and a bad reputation for your business.
- Try the OmniFlex Dispense-and-Vac for Food Service: You can ditch the mop and rely on tools that are much more effective. The vacuum hose in the OmniFlex Dispense-and-Vac can't be crushed and can hold up to grease and trans fats. You can also use its special vac wand for areas that need heavy brushing.
- Invest in the OmniFlex Spray-and-Vac: In addition to the kitchen, the restrooms are another challenging area of cleanliness. The OmniFlex Spray-and-Vac is for extreme soil removal. Employees don't have to touch contaminated surfaces to clean effectively. In addition to eliminating contaminates and leaving floors spotless, it saves costs when it comes to labor, equipment, and chemicals.
To learn more about effective restaurant cleaning, click here.
Get detailed information about how Kaivac helps you clean better and faster: